March 20, 2014
Many times I sigh when Purdue comes knocking on my door for money. However, when they offered up a concert with the Purdue Glee Club at the gorgeous Fairmont Hotel, I couldn’t pass it up. I invited my friend Hannah to come along, who shares my appreciation of a cappella. It was amazing. And there was a chocolate fondue fountain as if the night needed to be anymore awesome.
- Adorably awkward choreography with cheeky dancing and alternating head turns
- Montgomery Gentry’s “Sold”
- Mississippi Squirrel Revival. Watch it. You won’t regret it. (different soloist than our night, I laughed so hard). What you can’t see is the faux fist fights.
- The Wizard of Oz in 5:17 minutes with an amazing lion. Watch it from 2 years ago (think how much better the lion has gotten at perfecting the growl voice in 2 years)
- The Flashbacks (a quartet who did a bunch of 50s songs and gave themselves awesome taglines like, “Hi I’m Mike. I studied abroad…or two.”)
- Indiana State Poem arranged by a Glee Club alumni. Beautiful harmonies.
Fun night. Can’t wait to see more of them when I’m back in Indiana! PMO Christmas Show!